Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ole! Carmen



After waiting for a few months, I went to see a flamenco show, Carmen, performed by “Ballet Teatro Espanol de Rafael Aguilar”(拉法葉亞吉拉佛朗明哥舞團) at Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall on Saturday. It was the first time I saw a large and official show live, so I was extremely excited! Their performance didn’t let me down; in the two hours, I indulged in every act and move, which was full of emotion.

The greatest part I think is the combination of flamenco, ballet, and Bizet’s opera music, which make the famous love story between Carmen and Don José have more surprise. Using classical music instead of traditional one let me see a whole new world of flamenco. Moreover, my favorite scene is “the prison” where Don José’s heart is trapped in because of Carmen. The dancer displayed the struggle for love by stamping as thunderstorm that astonished me for a very long time.

That night was so joyful that on the way home I was still thinking about the sound of their stamping and dreaming maybe I could dance like them someday!!

1 comment:

  1. Carmen is very famous flamenco show, I watched it while I was in senior high. The dance and singing are impressing.I like it and glad to see you share all about this.

    ReplyDelete